Using Bing AI in Your Browser
1. A Microsoft Account
Since we are going to use a Microsoft service, we will require a Microsoft account to use Bing AI. Fortunately, it’s easy to make one. Simply head to the
Microsoft Account page (
Register) and make one for yourself. You need to provide a few standard details and verify your e-mail, but you should be good to go after that.
2. Access to the New Bing
The new Bing AI chatbot is out with limited access for now. As such, you will need to join a waitlist to be let in. While this isn’t ideal, it currently is the only way to begin using the new Bing AI on your web browser.
Once you have created a Microsoft account, make sure to sign in with it. Once done, head over to the official Microsoft Bing website (
Join) and click on the “
Join the waiting list ” button.
3. Bing Chat for All Browsers Extension
This last requirement is also the most important to use the new Bing on all your browsers. We will be using an extension called ‘Bing for all browsers ‘ that enables this handy function. To finish these requirements, go ahead and download
Bing for all browsers (
Firefox ) . Those looking for a repository can check out the
Github page (
Visit ) .
Use Bing AI Chat in Any Desktop Browser
- Open a new tab on your browser and click on the Bing browser extension next to the address bar. Once it opens up, click the “Open Bing Chat ” button.
- There’s a high chance you will be signed out of your Microsoft account, hence, you will just land on Microsoft Bing’s home screen. Once there, click the “Sign in” button at the top right.
- Proceed to enter your e-mail address and password to sign in. If it asks you to stay signed in, click on “Yes” on the next screen.
- Once done, close the open Bing tab and click on the extension and the button as shown in the first step. Once done, the Bing AI chat mode will open up and you’re ready to go.
As we mentioned above, you will only get access once you are cleared by Microsoft. That step will require signing up, as shown above, and then waiting for the confirmation mail. Don’t worry, however, as you shouldn’t have to wait too long for it. Nonetheless, when you do, you can follow the steps above to easily get Bing on all your browsers.
My experience with using the Bing AI chatbot on different browsers has been quite effortless. The extension launches Bing quickly and without any issues. I was able to chat with the AI chatbot multiple times without the browser or extension crashing on me. Furthermore, I even installed the Bing AI on Firefox, and it worked well there too. So no matter which browser you are on, safe to say you can use the MS Bing AI bot there.
Credit goes to Beebom