Microsoft has announced that it will end support for several products in 2023. This means that users of these products will no longer receive security updates or other support from Microsoft.
The following products will reach end of support in 2023:
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro
- Windows Defender for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Windows RT
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry
- Windows Embedded Standard 7 (Year 3 of ESU support)
- Windows 10 version 20H2 Enterprise and Education editions
- Windows 10 version 21H2 Home and Pro editions
- Windows 11 version 21H2 Home and Pro editions
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Windows Server
After a product reaches the end of support, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates, non-security updates, free or paid assisted support options, or online technical content updates. This means that users of these products will be at increased risk of security vulnerabilities and may experience compatibility issues with newer software and hardware.
Users are advised to upgrade to a supported product version immediately. Microsoft offers a variety of tools and resources to help users with the upgrade process.