Microsoft released PowerToys 0.57.0 today, nearly a month after 0.56.1 and bug fix 0.56.2 releases. No new features have been added. The v0.57 release cycle focused heavily on stability and improvements. Below are some of the highlights!
- PowerToys Run quality pass. Old standing issues were re-evaluated and fixed.
- Additional features and improvements were added to existing PowerToys Run plugins.
- New plugin for time and date values/information in PowerToys Run. Thanks @htcfreek!
- The PowerToys Run documentation is also receiving a required update. Thanks @htcfreek!
- We’re registering svgs as a picture kind when SVG Thumbnails are enabled so they appear when searching for pictures in File Explorer.
- We’ve disabled PDF preview by default, given its incompatibilities with Outlook and that Edge is now being registered for previewing PDF files on Windows 10 too.
- From a coding quality point of view, every project now has code analyzer active. Thanks @CleanCodeDeveloper!
- A double click on the tray icon is needed instead of single click to open settings.