Is google shared drive "SAFE"?

There are some posts in which uploader has posted unlimited google drive for a free or cheap price and almost all shared drives are from educational institutes, So is it safe to link your account with them to get more cloud storage?

I’ve joined a shared drive about a couple of months ago and I haven’t encountered any privacy and data leak issue but if you really know about shared drives and how educational shared drive operates then do let me know.

1 Like

No, please do not use them for sensitive data.

2 Likes

educational institutes can delete your files at anytime…

1 Like

how can we made clone or mirror?

Nothing is really safe, I would not share any sensitive files online or host them on a drive.

Just don’t add more than 100gb files into one sharedrive or the admin of the university will gonna check your uploaded files and if they found any malicious or pirated files stored in it? Then it’s up to them if they will gonna deleted it or ignored it. I used sharedrive for more than 3years now and in my experience I didn’t have any issue by using them. My little advice is to not use it for any sensitive files that you had coz we don’t know what will gonna happen in the future.

2 Likes

understood , thank you

Use Fclone on Telegram its too fast for clone

1 Like