How To Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Command Prompt

How To Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Command Prompt

Step 1: First of all, Press Windows Key + S to open the Windows search. You need to search for CMD.

Step 2: You need to right-click on the ‘CMD’ and select ‘Run as administrator.’

Step 3: On the command prompt window, you need to type in the given command –

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Step 4: The 25- digit product key will appear on the screen. You can copy the code from the Command prompt Window.

That’s it! You are done. This is how you can find your Windows 10 Product Key via Command Prompt.

4 Likes

Thanks !! Very useful :heart_eyes:

Just a question, if you know the answer Hemanth… :slightly_smiling_face:

My computer came with the last version of windows 7 and was upgraded into win 10 free of charge when Win 10 was release. Do you know, by any chance, if the Product Key advised is for a Win 10 or it is for the Win 7? I can not go back to Win 7 as per Microsoft info, even if i reboot it back to the factory settings. It states “Original Product Key” before the product key so i presume it is for the Win 7. At least it is in my mind the most logical… :slight_smile:

On the command prompt window, you need to type in the given command –
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

1 Like

@Steadfast_Thinker

You Can Still Use an Old Key with the Anniversary Update.

As part of Windows 10’s first November update in 2015, Microsoft changed the Windows 10 installer disc to also accept Windows 7 or 8.1 keys. This allowed users to perform a clean install Windows 10 and enter a valid Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key during installation.

1 Like

That is great! :heart_eyes:

Thank you Hemanth, for clearing my doubt :slight_smile:

1 Like

How to find MS office product key

When the Command Prompt window opens, type this line: “wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey” and press Enter. You should see your product key below.