PyIDM is a python open source (Internet Download Manager) with multi-connections, high speed engine, it downloads general files and videos from youtube and tons of other streaming websites .
Developed in Python, based on “pyCuRL/libcurl”, “youtube_dl”, and “PySimpleGUI”
- High download speeds “based on libcurl” - See Speed test of: aria2 vs PyIDM.
- Multi-connection downloading “Multithreading”
- Automatic file segmentation.
- Resume uncompleted downloads, and Refresh expired urls.
- Support for Youtube, and a lot of stream websites “using youtube-dl to fetch info and libcurl to download data”.
- download entire video playlist or selected videos.
- download fragmented video streams, and encrypted/nonencrypted HLS media streams.
- watch videos while downloading* “some videos will have no audio until finish downloading”
- check for application updates.
- Scheduling downloads
- Re-using existing connection to remote server.
- Clipboard Monitor.
- Simple GUI interface with 140 themes available.
- proxy support (http, https, socks4, and socks5).
- user can control a lot of options:
- select theme.
- set proxy.
- Speed limit.
- Max. Concurrent downloads.
- Max. connections per download.
Hit Like and Enjoy