If you’re searching for ‘Adblocker for Android Box’ or other Android Smart TVs, the best way to go about it is setting up an ad-blocking DNS server over your router. Basically, this will block ads on every device connected to the router. And since you’ll need to connect the Android Box to a Wi-Fi network (router) anyway, it makes sense to block ads on the entire network.
To make it work, we’ll be using the popular AdGuard DNS server, which allows you to block ads, pop-ups, and others on your router.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the router
- Open a new tab on your browser
- Into the address bar, enter the IP address of your router and hit You should find this on the label of your router. If not, use the general IP address: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- You’ll be asked to enter your login details to sign in to the router. Provide it and proceed to the next page.
- On the router’s configuration page, go to Network > Advanced > DNS Server. The steps may vary on your router. Just look for the DNS server settings there.
- You may take a screenshot of the existing DNS server settings, in case you need to revert your changes later.
- After that, replace the existing DNS server with the given addresses from adguard-dns website
- Finally, Save the changes and reboot your router and the computer.