April Dunford’s book on product positioning is a practical guide for startups and tech companies looking to simplify their story for customers.
Dunford begins by explaining the importance of positioning. She argues that positioning is not just about what your product does, but also about how you communicate its value to your target audience. She then provides a framework for developing an effective positioning strategy.
The framework consists of five components:
- Your product’s unique value proposition: What makes your product different from the competition? What benefits does it offer that no other product does?
- Your target audience: Who are you trying to reach with your product? What are their needs and wants?
- Your messaging: How will you communicate the value of your product to your target audience?
- Your marketing and sales strategy: How will you reach your target audience and convince them to buy your product?
- Your brand: What kind of impression do you want to make on your target audience?
Dunford then provides a step-by-step guide for developing each of these components. She also includes case studies of companies that have successfully used her positioning framework to achieve their goals.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, marketer, or salesperson, Obviously Awesome is a must-read for anyone who wants to make their product stand out in a crowded marketplace. Dunford’s insights will help you find your product’s unique value proposition and communicate it to your target audience in a way that will make them take notice.
----posted on freesoff.com----
Copy > Click > Paste
If this share brought you value, please click to show your appreciation