10 Best Chrome Extensions For Designers

As designers, we’re almost always searching for new tips, tricks, and tools to help speed-up and improve our workflow. After a few months of testing out Chrome extensions, I’ve compiled a list of the 10 best extensions and plugins for designers .

1. Window Resizer

If you’re a designer— you’re most likely staring at a 27" iMac as you read this. Yet, most of our users don’t have monitors that are baby-elephant-size.

1. Loom

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and so a video is worth 10,000? 1M? Who knows — a lot though. Loom is a truly amazing free piece of software, which will help you record animations, user-flows, or bugs and share them with your team.

1. Toybox

Are you spending a ton of time inspecting elements, grabbing screenshots, and logging bugs on your site? Well, look no further than the [Toybox chrome extension] This is truly the fastest way to leave feedback and inspect CSS directly on your site.

1. Muzli

Need some inspiration with your morning coffee (or tea)? The [Muzli chrome extension] has got you covered. Every time you open a new browser window, you’ll see an up-to-date feed of all things awesome design. They pull from tons of design sources to give you what’s new and hip and cool.

1. SVG Grabber

Sometimes you just need to grab the logo or icons on a page. If that sounds like something you do — then welcome [SVG Grabber] into your life. Click a single button and it will automatically pull all the SVGs that are on the page. Get a complete view of what it was able to capture and quickly download the ones you need.

1. Page Ruler

Measuring the size of objects on your page can be a serious pain. If you’re someone who frequently opens the screenshot tool to do so — I’d definitely recommend getting yourself the [Page Ruler extension]

1. Dark Mode Dev Tools

Dark mode — a true necessity for any designer. So this is actually built right into Chrome Dev Tools and is not an extension — but thought I’d still mention it :wink:

1. ColorZilla

Sometimes you just need a quick way to see what color is being used — and [ColorZilla] is a great solution for just that. Simply hover over elements on your page to see the hex and rgb color values being used. Click to quickly copy it to your clipboard. It’s fast, simple, and efficient.

1. Fontface Ninja

Another easy, breezy, beautiful extension for your downloads is [Fontface Ninja] This lets you hover over elements to see what fonts they’re using. You can also go straight from the fonts on the page to purchase using their extension toolbar.

1. Custom Cursor

This pup isn’t really designer specific but I found it the other day and thought it was a real hoot-and-a-holler. Custom Cursor lets you change the default cursor to any of their flavor-town selections, as well as allowing you to upload a custom cursor.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips!!

colorzilla is the best

1 Like